You are in the market searching various mattress brand names, looking out for best bed mattress. Let’s get this clear, as hard as it is to buy a mattress it is also very important to see to its maintenance and trust me if you are buying this mattress for your child’s room. You would be in no time looking for blogs and articles on how to remove urine smell from the mattress.
Features you should be looking for while choosing a mattress
- Look for the one that is the best mattress for back. Your child’s spine is developing so if the mattress you take is not supportive he may start having back problems from an early age.
- Generally, we have queen size bed in our child’s room look for the best queen size mattress that fits your bed measurement.
- Keep in mind to see mattress bed reviews, keeping in mind that you are buying this for your child.
After you have purchased a mattress, you have come across your first incident of your kid peeing on the mattress, it could be embarrassing. You are looking at ways for How to remove urine smell from mattress.
Tips on How to remove urine smell from Mattress
You may come across many tips and tricks on how to remove urine smell from mattress, but not everything works wonders. We will share some ways that will tell you how to remove urine smell from mattress.
If you are facing a dried urine odor than you should try out these below mention different cleansers?
- Borax or Baking Soda – It is very good and effective cleansing agent though it is little toxic. It is in powder form, so the method on how to remove urine smell from the mattress is as follows:
o Spray some water over the affected area and sprinkle baking soda.
o Rub baking soda very religiously on the affected area and dry it.
o Now vacuum the area.
- Vinegar or Hydrogen Peroxide – This is the other method that can solve your query of how to remove urine smell from the mattress. Hydrogen peroxide can be used directly from the bottle or dilute it. Vinegar, on the other hand, is not toxic and is a household article, but it has its own smell. Both of them are liquid so the process to use them is same.
o Put the diluted hydrogen peroxide (two parts water one part chemical) or undiluted vinegar (white vinegar) in a spray bottle.
o Spray this on the area.
o Let it air dry.
These will help you with your dilemma of how to remove urine smell from the mattress. These methods are not just restricted to bed mattresses but can be used on any other surface like sofas, carpets as well.